Chen Style T’ai Chi/Taijiquan
Senior Instructor: Julie-Anne Johnston
Tai Chi is a system of holistic training, consisting of slow, carefully co-ordinated natural, graceful, powerful, relaxed, balanced and meditative movements.
Which is designed to:
- improve balance, flexibility and strength
- relax and focus the mind and
- reduce stress
- increase internal energy of Chi flow within the body, thereby increasing vitality.
- promote creativity, sensitivity and optimism.
- it gives balance on an emotional level and
- can guide one spiritually.
Some say T’ai Chi is a martial art, others say it is only for health. Many call it “the art of creating energy” and some refer to it as “meditation in motion”. Then again others claim it is a physical manifestation of a philosophy called Taoism and some describe it as a continual flow of “Chi Kung” or breathing exercises.
It has been compared to low impact aerobics, yet others testify it is a way of life and even claim it is a way to achieve spiritual enlightenment.
For more information please go to: http://www.embraceholistic.co.uk/classes/test-2/